Description

Welcome to Transporter Room 3, our Star Trek-only podcast! Movies, TV, toys, creepy cosplay -- if it's about a starship, a Vulcan or a Borg Babe, your fearless Trek fanatics Scott Collura and Phil Pirrello are ready to talk about it!

Friday, August 3, 2012

Episode 27: LeVar Burton Beams into Transporter Room 3!

What more needs to be said? In Episode 27 of Transporter Room 3, the one, the only Geordi La Forge beams in for a frank chat about Star Trek!

Transporter Room 3, Episode 27

Subscribe:

That's right, in a very special episode of TR3, LeVar Burton himself graces us with his presence to talk about Geordi's legacy, Gene Roddenberry's impact on the genre, where he thinks the Chief Engineer wound up going after his final appearance in Star Trek: Nemesis, and much, much more. Plus, LeVar fills us in on the latest regarding his passion project, Reading Rainbow! You know you love it.


Phil and Scott also chat about the latest Trek news, and then of course we have a very special Red Shirt of the Week to go with our very special guest… because that's how we roll!


Don't forget to subscribe to our RSS feed (click the icon) to get all the latest episodes of our podcast automatically. "Like" us on Facebook and give us some star ratings on iTunes. Also, e-mail us at Transporter Room 3 at Gmail dot com and talk to us on Twitter at:

Scott Collura: twitter.com/ScottIGN



Check out Episode 27 of Transporter Room 3 right here:

Transporter Room 3, Episode 27

Subscribe:


11 comments:

  1. mp3 does not load for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nevermind, it works in VLC. It didn't work in Chrome's built-in mp3 player, like the previous episodes have...

      Delete
  2. Yeah I can't make any of these run in Windows Media Player no matter what I try, an annoyance to be sure. Luckily my phone can play them with no problems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why don't you just subscribe on iTunes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great show as always, Geordi was always one of my favorite people on TNG.

    It sounds like you guys will be doing a collectable show next, I was wondering if you could share some information on how / where to check values. I have a (what I would call, a medium collection) and I would like to get a value on it. I also have a "wrong box" action figure from TNG.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remember Burton from rading rainbow before I ever saw Star Trek.
    BTW I think alot of your are going to be sorely disapointed about the value of your "trek collectables"; To call current state of the star trek collectable market soft would be a huge understatement. And whats even worse is that most likely the value will be going down in the future as less people become interesting collecting ST stuff. My father says how all these old hippie stuff (like posters) will probably be worthless in 50 years because most of the people who want them will be dead, I think a similar rule applies to Trek collectables.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember Burton from reading rainbow before I ever saw Star Trek. IT must have been something to be a Trek fan in the early 90s during the height of its popularity.
    BTW, I think alot of your are going to be sorely disapointed about the value of your "trek collectables"; To call the current state of the star trek collectable market soft would be a huge understatement. And whats even worse is that most likely the value will continue to go down in the future as less people become interesting collecting ST stuff. My father says how all this old hippie stuff (like posters) will probably be worthless in 50 years because most of the people who want them will be dead: I think a similar rule applies to Trek collectables. I high doubt Star Trek will ever again become more popular then it was at its peak in the early 90s.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It WAS something to be a Trek fan in the early 90s! Agreed on the collectibles market, though personally I never bought any of this stuff in hopes that it would go up in value -- it's always been about the geek joy of it all. Thanks for listening!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a real talent for wow gold putting your thoughts into clear, original content. Your article is easy to cheap world of warcraft gold read and understand. You have brought forth some cheap wow gold really good points that I agree with and appreciate.

    ReplyDelete